PERMANENT MAKEUP EYEBROWS
FAQ PRE-CARE & POST-CARE
Attention Please: We strongly advise prospective new clients to book their appointments at least 3-4 months in advance of Vacations, Weddings, and Special Occasions. This allows adequate time for healing of both your Initial Appointment as well as a Complimentary Enhancement Session 6-8 weeks after your initial visit. Dream brows cannot be achieved in just one session, this is a multiple-step process! Some clients may require more than two sessions to achieve their desire density and shape.
WILL I STILL NEED TO WAX OR TWEEZE THE HAIR?
Yes, you will still need to wax or tweeze the hair that is outside of the tattooed area, or you can use the small razor.
WHAT IF I CHOOSE TO NOT DO PERMANENT MAKEUP AGAIN?
Let’s say you are worried about wearing them long term. What if you don’t want to get retouches for life? No worries the pigment is designed to fade gradually off of the skin. We use the highest quality ink in our industry. This is tried and tested to be the most ideal pigment for your face. Only the best for our clients!
ALL ABOUT THE SYMMETRY
While we strive to create the optimal symmetry, perfection does not exist. In fact, when we create your brows, we may have to take some off of the top of one brow and add to the bottom of the other. Our goal is to make small corrections so that we can build on this.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Mircroblading will last 1-2 years, combo brows will last 2-3 years, powder ombre lasts 2-3 years. All permanent makeup is suggested to have a yearly touch-up (between 15 months to 2 years) to color boost.
HOW OFTEN WILL I NEED TO TOUCH UP?
A touch-up or color boost is suggested and included with the first appointment. After your initial appointment, it is highly suggested to have them touched up every year+ (between 15 months to 2 years after your initial appointment).
CAN I WEAR REGULAR MAKE-UP TO THE APPOINTMENT?
Some clients like to wear brow makeup to show the color, shape, and what they are currently used to. The brow area will be cleaned either way during the appointment before starting, wearing brow makeup is not required but preferred if your apply your brows.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
The procedure takes about two and a half hours. The first hour consisting of a thorough consultation and brow shaping. The second hour is devoted to the art and service itself. We allow plenty of time to make sure you are numb and have no discomfort. Some clients take longer to numb than others, we always make sure your comfortable during your procedure. We encourage clients to not have a strict time constraint as this is not a service that we can stop short.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO HEAL?
Healing time varies from individual to individual. Usually, it takes about a week to ten days for the epithelial crust to form and slough off. Your brows will be dark for the first several days and then will lighten dramatically after the initial healed skin comes off. Your skin will be considered healed after that happens. Then, the pigment takes some time to settle in. A good month after your 6 weeks touch up should pass before we consider the process complete.
WILL IT RUIN THE BROW HAIR THAT I HAVE?
No, the procedure does not penetrate deep enough to damage the hair follicle.
In order for your new brows to heal properly (and look their best) these Pre & Post Care Instructions found below are of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE! Pre-Care instructions are designed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excessing bleeding during the procedure will dilute the pigment color and lead to poor results!
· NO alcohol 24 hours before the procedure.
· Avoid sun and tanning on your face 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
· Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before the procedure.
· Discontinue Retin-A, Chemical and Laser Peels, Microdermabrasions, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), and any chemical exfoliant or "brightening" skincare at least 2 weeks prior (Once your brows have fully healed, it is best to cover your brow tattoo with VASELINE prior to the use of these products to prevent premature fading).
· Botox and filler on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided 2 weeks prior to the procedure
· No brow waxing, tinting, or threading 1 week prior (the more natural hair growth you have, the better!
· Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
* 24 HOURS AFTER PROCEDURE: Blot brows with tissue to absorb lymphatic fluid that is excreting from the tattoo.
1. With clean hands, gently wash the eyebrow area using a fragrance-free gel cleanser (such as Cetaphil or Ceravie) and water. NO MAKEUP WIPES!
2. Allow eyebrows to completely dry before applying ointment (pat dry with a tissue or air dry).
3. Once brows have fully dried, apply a thin layer of ointment given to you, with clean fingertips apply half of the size of a grain of rice to each brow.
· Repeat above steps 2x per day for 10 days after service.
· DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking will cause scarring and pigment loss!
· Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyperpigmentation and scarring.
· NO underwater swimming and bathing for 4 weeks to avoid bacterial infection.
· Avoid pool, sauna, steam rooms, steamy showers, and hot baths for 10 days.
· Avoid excessive sweating on your face for 10 days. Sweating through or on the brows will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor "patchy results.
· Avoid sleeping on your brow area for the first 10 days.
· Keep your bangs and hair pulled back from your face for the first 10 days.
· NO makeup or skincare products to be used on the brow area for 10 days.
Protect your investment after you’ve healed!
· Exposure to the sun and tanning beds will cause premature fading and discoloration of the pigment.
· Apply a physical sunscreen daily on brow area once completely healed (10 days).
· For further sun protection wear hats, sunglasses, and stay in the shade!
· Maintain removal of unwanted brow hair outside of your tattooed brow design by tweezing, threading, waxing, or razoring.
· Lasers will alter the color of the pigment. 20% zinc oxide must cover your brow tattoo prior to any laser services.
· Yearly touchups are recommended to maintain your results.
· Certain skincare products and services will cause premature fading of your brow tattoo and may also alter the pigment color. Please avoid your brow tattoo when using of any of the following: glycolic acid, salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, hydroquinone, retinol/Retin-A, vitamin c, peels, microdermabrasion, or anything that brightens or treats hyperpigmentation.
The above Pre and Post-Care for brows will affect how quickly or slowly you heal! And the final results!