EYELINER & LASH LINE ENHANCEMENT:
FAQ's, PRE-CARE, AND POST-CARE
· Arrive WITHOUT any eye makeup or eyelashes on
· Remove eyelash extensions one week prior to eyeliner procedure
· Discontinue Latisse and any other lash growth serum for a minimum of 2 weeks prior
· No lash tinting, lifting, perming or curling for a minimum of one week prior
· If you wear contacts, please do not wear them to your appointment and refrain from wearing them for a minimum of 24 hours after the procedure is finished.
· Do not work out 48 hours before the procedure.
· Avoid sun and tanning on your face 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
· Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before the procedure.
· Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
POST-CARE FOR EYES
· Do not wear contact lenses during the procedure or for 24 hrs after.
· Have sunglasses available. Eyes may be light sensitive or even dilated immediately after. The sunglasses are also handy for hiding puffy eyes.
· Take Tylenol as necessary for discomfort.
· Eyes may feel dry or irritated. Lubricating refresher drops may be used.
· Apply the ointment with clean fingers twice daily for 10 days after cleaning. No scrubbing or rubbing.
· Do not pick or pull off the sloughing pigment, let it fall off naturally! Itching is normal.
· You may apply a clean ice pack (which must be protected in ziplock) for 5-minute intervals if needed. Do not put ice directly on the area, as you could burn yourself.
· Refrain from wearing makeup on or around the eyes for a minimum of 10 days.
· Refrain from eyelash extensions for a minimum of 2 weeks post your eyeliner procedure.
· NO underwater swimming and bathing for 3 weeks to avoid bacterial infection.
· Avoid pool, sauna, steam rooms, steamy showers, and hot baths for 10 days, all these causes pores to open and can push the pigment out.
·Expect moderate swelling, usually one to three days following the eyeliner procedure. While healing, the eyeliner tattoo will look spotty. This is due to healing skin regeneration. Multiple sessions may be required to achieve the desired results.
REASONS YOU MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD CANDIDATE
.Upcoming vacation, weddings, and special occasions
· Pregnant or nursing
· Viral infections and/or diseases
· Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
· Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
· Had Botox in the past 2 weeks
· Used Accutane in the 6 months
If you have had any type of eye surgery, including cataract, Lasik, and/or blepharoplasty, you must consult your physician and get clearance. Most physicians require 3-9 months before you can have your eyeliner done. This is because there is slight pressure and stretching on and around the eye during the procedure
Protect your investment after you’ve healed!
· Exposure to the sun and tanning beds will cause premature fading and discoloration of the pigment.
· For further sun protection wear hats, sunglasses, and stay in the shade!